An Aluminum Slitting Line with Brake Unwind, Slitter, and Center Winder
M.R. Snyder Company updated an old aluminum slitting machine with obsolete drives and two obsolete PLC’s and combined them into one modern Siemens solution. The new devices were retrofit into the existing control enclosures. This system featured a Siemens S71200 PLC and Siemens 6RA80 DC drives. Customer required turnaround over a weekend. Entire retrofit and commissioning process was completed in 4 days.
- Obsolete drive and PLC retrofit into existing panels
- System had a combination of old Siemens S7200 and AB SLC controlling the line
- Replaced old PLCs with single S7 1500 series PLC
- Replaced outdated Siemens 6RA70 series drives with 6RA80 drives
- 300 HP and 125 HP drives
- Performed retrofit in a 3-day weekend window and commissioned the following Monday/Tuesday.
- Complete turn-key package
- Project Value Range: $100K to $300K
- Programmed in Siemens TIA Portal environment
- S7 1500 series PLC and Siemens ET200SP remote rack
- Siemens 6RA80 4 quadrant DC drives
- Profinet communications